Your mom is having a birthday and you want to make it special- because she is very important to you. But what if you don’t have a lot of money? Here are some ideas of things you might like:
1. Make a homemade card. A birthday card you’ve made will probably mean more to her than a store bought card. You can personalize it especially for her and decorate it with papers, ribbons and other items found around your home anthropologie birthday coupon.
2. Whip up her favorite dessert. What does she enjoy eating? Cherry pie, chocolate chip cookies, angel food cake with strawberries on top? Find a good recipe and make sure you have the right ingredients before you start this project.
3. Frame a photo or some art. Do you have a nice picture of the family or an art design you’ve created. How about putting it in a nice frame and giving it to her.
4. Give her personalized coupons. Create and print off a sheet of coupons for various chores you’ll do for her. Things like weeding her flower garden, cleaning her car or the shower.
5. Fill a gift basket. Find a basket or other container and fill with items such as – her favorite scented candle, hand lotion, candy, or slippers for around the house.
6. Plan and cook a meal that includes all her favorite foods. After the meal, insist that she stay out of the kitchen while you clean up.
7. Clean her house. While she’s out, surprise her by cleaning the house from top to bottom. Make a list of all the chores you did and put a check mark beside them (to show that they’ve been completed). Put the list in a birthday card and write something like, “Mom, for your birthday- I cleaned the house so you could have some free time. Enjoy!”
8. Decorate a notebook binder. Does your mom have a hobby or other interests? Perhaps she likes to collect recipes or maybe she is an avid bird watcher. Find photos or other designs that reflect her passion and decorate the binder with them. She can use the binder to collect information about her hobby.
9. Write a poem for her. It does not have to rhyme. Simply be honest and write those things that you admire or appreciate about her. You can read it to her at the dinner table or print it out on a computer and frame it for her.
If you have more time than money, maybe one or two of these ideas may work for you. Adapt them to fit your particular situation and show mom that you care.